Today, I was challenged to write myself a note to express the best advice I have based on my experiences over the past 76 years. What a challenge that was! As I thought, I came up with many ideas and I could make this note into a book and I realized that would be a waste of time and resources.
I remembered some of the best advice I ever got and that was "less is more" so here I go:
- Be careful with your expectations, both for yourself and others!
- Say what you're thinking (not a personal attack) because you have experience and a voice and others deserve your "A" game.
- Never take anything personally! You have a choice.
- Be yourself. You don't have to be somebody that others think you should be.
- Perfection is not the Goal because it's not possible!!
- What experiences do you want to share with yourself to influence the next 10 years?
- What life do you want during the next 10 years for yourself and your family?
- How good are you at listening to other's experiences, especially yourselves?
- Listen well and notice what's possible!!